New Headway English Course takes the successful Headway series into an exciting new era. It introduces new features to challenge adult and young adoult intermediate students and ensure that learning English is interesting and motivating. The course combines th ebest of traditional methods with more recent approaches, to help students use English both accurately and fuently.
This new intermediate course provides approxoimately 120 hours of language learning. It fits neatly between Headway Pre-Intermediate and Headway Upper-Intermediate, and together with Headway Elementary and Headway Advenced provides a comprehensive language teaching series for today’s classrooms.
- New, universal topics selected from varietly of sources.
- Detailed treatment of grammar Each unit starts with a quick Test your grammar section and clear Presentation textwith a varietly of controlled and freer practice exercises.
Grammar questions encourage students to work things out for themselves and the Language review provides a summary of the unit’s main grammar points.
- Thorough skills syllabus All four skills are developed systematically and activities are interwoven throughout the material in exiting new contexts.
- Well-defined vocabulary syllabus plus dictionary training and pronunciation practice, including the use of phonetics.
- Useful everyday English is practised int he new Postscript section.
- Appendices Grammar reference section, Irregular verbs, Verb patterns, Index of the grammar structures, Phonetic symbols.
In addition to the Student’s Book, there is a Teacher’s Book with extra photociable activities, two Class Casettes, and a Workbook with an optional Student Casette. This level is supplemented by Headway Intermediate Video and _Headway Intermediate Pronunciaton.
Liz and John Soars have many years of experiance as teachers and teacher trainers. Both have worked at international House, London, and Liz was one of the chief examiners of the Cambridge/RSA Dip. TEFL.